Sunday, October 24, 2010

Third Day Of The 600 To 700 Challenge Coming Monday

After discovering that a number of stories have suffered from the Word Count Flu, and having to regretfully drop notes to various writers to let them in on the bad news that they were either short or long on the count (and there will unfortunately be more to come as I haven’t read every last story that I have in my possession yet), we are back on track in the 600 To 700 Challenge.

I want to thank everyone for their patience and especially all of the writers that I’ve contacted thus far, who, in some cases, took back their stories and reworked them a little bit so that they would come up to or back down to count.

Now then, the stories.

Here’s what to expect tomorrow...

Eric Beetner’s LATE START

Chad Eagleton’s THE PRICE OF COPPER

Matthew C. Funk’s CERTAIN SAINTS

Chris Benton’s BAD CALL

Gary M. Dobbs’s 614

and

Patti Abbott’s PORTRAITS OF DETROIT: RAMIR OBABIE

2 comments:

Chad Eagleton said...

Looking forward to it. And not just because I'm in that group. I have to say, honestly, that while ATON always showcases some of the best fiction out there, I've been incredibly impressed with what I've been seeing coming out of the 600 to 700 challenge.

Joyce said...

I totally agree with Chad. While it's true the stories are being written to fit within certain word counts, none of them come across as having the count as the primary focus. It's always the story and the characters coming through first and foremost, and they really are superior reads. Thanks to all who are, and will be, involved in this challenge. It doesn't get better than this.