Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Interlude

Michael J. Solender has taken top honors in the Best Flash Fiction category in the August 2009 Bullet Awards at Eastern Standard Crime.

The Bluffs At Torrey Pines was an excellent story and, if you haven't read it or want to read it again, it can be found right here.

A Twist Of Noir also took runner-up honors, moving up a slot from July's awards. I'm honored to be in great company with the winner, Thrillers, Killers 'N' Chillers and Aldo Calcagno's Powder Burn Flash.

Libby Cudmore's awesome story, Unplanned, took top billing in the mini fiction category. You should really read this story if you want to see how effortless she makes this look.

UPDATE:

Congratulations to the ten pickees in the Watery Grave Invitational being held over at The Drowning Machine.

Corey Wilde did the blind draw earlier today and the following storytellers will be duking it out for bragging rights...oh, yeah, and no small sum of $25, $15 and $10 for first through third.

In the mix:

Michael Moreci

Sophie Littlefield

Frank Bill

Hilary Davidson

Eric Beetner

Patricia Abbott

Jimmy Callaway

Sandra Seamans

Mike Wilkerson

AND

Cormac Brown

For those that have read Eric Beetner's A Twist Of Noir, you know who I'm pulling for in this contest. I am, of course, biased.

That's right, I'm pulling for my bastard son Cormac.

Really, though, good luck to everyone in this thing.

And don't forget Eric Beetner is holding his own contest over at his site.

I don't have my submission in yet, as I'm still working on it, getting it shiny.

I want all four books, damn it!

UPDATED AGAIN:

To add what a moron on I am, forgetting a great little tale called The Ricochet that Matthew Quinn Martin produced for The Flash Fiction Offensive. Matthew took second runner-up in the flash category.

Sorry, Matthew.

7 comments:

Michael Solender said...

Oyea. Thanks for the nod here Chris. I think the great venue has something to do with it. Also takes one to know one as your own writes have got a bullet or two...

Christopher Grant said...

Michael,

If you go and look at The Bluffs now, you'll see I've put the WINNER tag on you.

Thank you for the compliment and congratulations to you once again.

admin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
matthewquinnmartin said...

...no worries, Christopher...didn't even notice that you'd left me off.

Anyways congrats to all!

Christopher Grant said...

Come on, Matthew!

You're supposed to at least ask for something for my omission.

A few dollars compensation.

Free gasoline for a month.

A better parking space.

Something.

matthewquinnmartin said...

...I'll think of something...don't offer me free gasoline though. There are just too many things I'd really love to burn to the ground.

Cormac Brown said...

Er...thanks, "Dad," I didn't know that I actually had someone rooting for me ; )

This warms my heart.