Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Interlude

Wow! What an introduction!

I'm speaking about my guest spot on Michael J. Solender's blog, Not From Here, Are You?

About a week and a half ago, Michael wrote me and said he'd like me to guest if I was up to it.

Yeah, I'm up to it, I said.

But, the truth is, I wanted to get this just right. I didn't want to just slough something off on Michael. He was asking me to show up, not phone it in.

So I took a couple swings at it. There's a story in my own inbox that I will be trying to flesh out at a later date. There's a second, more fleshed but not quite there yet story that also will be seeing the light of day someday hopefully soon.

The story that eventually made it was actually written in a white hot blur, which is sometimes the only way to do it. It was actually written over the course of the last twenty-four hours and I put the finishing touch on it this afternoon.

Shhhh! Don't tell Michael.

Sent it off and I thought, "Yeah, it's a pretty good story still... Fingers crossed."

And you just start getting paranoid with this stuff, you know? I don't have to tell any of you guys and ladies, we're all doing the same thing every single time we shoot stories off to editors, right?

I thought maybe I had left some stuff out or whatever. I had to look it over a couple dozen times, even after I'd sent it, to make sure I was just imagining things.

A little while ago, Michael wrote to tell me that my story is now on his site and that he enjoyed and he needed to know a little something that I won't discuss here for the sake of not ruining the story for you before you read it.

The introduction, as I said at the beginning of all this, was nothing short of amazing.

Michael, I owe you big for that one, man. You are truly a class act and I can't thank you enough.

So, without further ado, I send you on your way to read HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HONEY at Not From Here, Are You?

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Michael Solender said...

Truly a twisted piece with just the build and then, BLAM!

I'm only too glad to feature Chris at the NOT and showcase his unique style.

ATON is one of my favorite "neighborhood" hangouts and I know the effort that goes into to keeping the pace with daily blogging - keep it up man! You've built a valued piece of real estate that many look forward to.

Al Tucher said...

It's all right there in the title, Christopher, but you still got me. Good one!